The Artist’s View mit a-ha

• Für alle mit VPN (und Account auf der Seite):

The Artist’s View

In this music documentary series, bands and solo artists including Sting, AC/DC, Queen, Metallica, A-ha and U2 talk about their iconic music videos and how they came about. In this episode, A-ha’s Magne Furuholmen talks about the inception of the videos for ‘Take On Me’ and ‘The Sun Always Shines on TV’. Furuholmen shares, "We were hopelessly behind. [The music video as an artform] wasn’t a big part of our psyche as a band." Director Steve Barron changed all that and ended up making many of A-ha’s now iconic music videos.

The Artist’s View: A-ha premieres at 9.25pm, Saturday 4 June on SBS VICELAND. This episode and 13 others in the series, ranging from Fatboy Slim to Queen and U2, are now streaming at SBS On Demand.

The Artist's View: A-Ha

Vielleicht haben wir anderen ja das Glück und den Beitrag gibt's später mal bei YouTube zu sehen.

Quelle

• I think this is a bit of it:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I don't remember now if this is the whole segment about Take On Me or if I saw any more clips. :/

I hope you are right and someone uploads it later, and with better quality. ;)

• Update: it seems it is from 2011 and has since been shown in several countries (and more than once). I have found references to it in several posts on Facebook, for instance. Magne talked about not just Take On Me but also TSASOTV and Manhattan Skyline, at least. It was part of a series called "Video Killed the Radio Star":

Video Killed The Radio Star
    Musicians and those closest to them reflect on their previous work.
    trakt.tv

There is probably some old thread here about this. ;)